ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Transformation Fellowship is a one year “Advanced Programme in Management and Entrepreneurship” at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. It is a program designed for the transgender community in India to help build in-demand competencies and skills that will enable the community to readily tap and secure emerging employment opportunities in the corporate, non-profit and allied sector. The program is supported by Pernod Ricard India Foundation in partnership with Collective Good Foundation and Tata Institute of Social Sciences with Connecting Dreams Foundation as an ecosystem partner.
The fellowship provides you an opportunity to a “no cost” comprehensive, holistic and immersive course on Advanced Programme in Management and Entrepreneurship Management from a prestigious and leading university – Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai through:
- immersive classroom learning/training – problem solving, case studies, lectures, reflective and participative discussions
- guided fieldwork and reflective sessions with practitioners
You will also receive mentorship from TISS Incubation Centre for the whole period of your fellowship whereby you will have the opportunity to avail:
- Exposure visits and
- Lectures by Eminent Industry Experts
Course includes lecture sessions and in-depth discussion on topics mentioned below which will be anchored by experienced faculties from The Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, TISS Mumbai.
Understanding Organisation (System and Structure)
- Fundamentals of Organisation
- People and Team
- Information System – Etiquettes and Communication
- Organisation Planning and Decision Making
- Cultural Dimension of an Organisation
Understanding Organisational Functions
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource and management
- Legalities and Legal Compliances
- Supply Chain System
Understanding Roles in Organisation (Leadership):
- Managing Self as an Employee
- Managing Self as Manager
- Managing Self as Leader
- Entrepreneurial Decision Making
- Managing Technology
- Yoga and Meditation
- Art of Living
- Ethical Behaviour & Citizenship
- Managing Family and Peers
Seasoned experts from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
It will help you define and determine your future plans through a structured interaction with experts from TISS and industry experts for building knowledge, skills and defining the future plans.
Yes, fellows will receive Certificate of Completion from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
This is a one year Fellowship Programme.
15 Fellows will be selected.
The Course will be held at Tata Institute of Social Science’s Campus in Mumbai.
An offline classroom training will be conducted in Tata Institute of Social Science’s Campus, Mumbai. If restrictions arise due to COVID-19 spread, the program may be conducted online.
INFRASTRUCTURAL SUPPORT DURING THE FELLOWSHIP:
INFRASTRUCTURAL SUPPORT DURING THE FELLOWSHIP:
The program will support the course fees directly over the next one year.
However, based on some of the below criteria, you may be awarded a stipend solely based on the decision of the jury. This will be confirmed to you during the selection process. Some of the parameters that will be considered are: –
- Academic merit– Who have qualified in Intermediate exams with more than 90% aggregate
- Financial need- BPL/income certificate
- Extracurricular Achievement-Should be an active member of at least one college/school club/ be a part of any programs like campaigns, drives, participated in national/state/district level competition, etc. The candidate must share the need, their role, impact created.
- Communication (Written & Spoken)- Basis the application form and interview
- Driven by purpose– Paid or Unpaid internships, Volunteering, Research projects or Social campaigns taken up in the past 1 year for the community/society.
Yes, laptops will be provided to the fellows during the fellowship. These will have to be returned post the program completion.
The faculties, guest faculties, companies and enterprises chosen for exposure visits, administration staff and management staff associated with the project would be duly trained on conscious and unconscious biases and prejudice towards trans* persons and duly informed on trans* inclusive and affirmative behaviours and etiquettes.
Further, personnel’s from Collective Good Foundation, Connecting Dreams Foundation and Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, TISS Mumbai will always be there to give you a safe space to share any concerns.
ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Click on the application link and fill in the details as required.
Certain questions are mandatory to be filled in. Without filling them in you won’t be able to move on to the next section. Wherever it doesn’t apply to you, please fill in with – ‘not applicable’.
Have a soft copy – photo or scanned copy, each of your Class XII marksheet, Graduation Marksheet, recently updated CV and an ID card ready. You will be required to upload them as part of filling up the form.
For any queries or issues, you can reach out to:
- Pavel Sagolsem Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +91 9773923312
- Anant Joshi Email: email@example.com Mobile: +91 9870171599
You will receive an email notification with a copy of your filled in form right after you click the <submit> button in the google form.
ABOUT THE SELECTION PROCESS:
All applications will be screened by a committee of experts (called the Jury)
Shortlisted candidates will be informed via email and asked to participate in a one-on-one online interview.
Final list of 15 selected fellows will be duly informed.
You will receive an email confirmation if you are shortlisted. Which will be followed by a call, briefing you about the next steps for the interview round. The interview will be conducted online.
Please note that this email is different from the email acknowledging successful submission of your application.
All this process will be conducted and concluded before 30th May 2023.
In case of non-selection post interview, you will be duly informed via email.
The selection email will guide you to share a digital copy of your BPL/income certificate, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Cancelled Cheque/Passbook copy and 12th Std Mark Sheet over email.
COST RELATED DOUBTS:
No, there is no application fee or hidden costs associated with the Fellowship.
Your travel to Mumbai and back from Mumbai from your place of residence. Please note you will have to arrange for your accommodation in Mumbai during the course of the fellowship. Any miscellaneous personal cost be it medical expense etc during your stay in Mumbai.
No. You are not liable to pay back any money including the stipend you have received until that point. However, we will not be able to issue any certificate or acknowledgement of your participation.
- Pavel Sagolsem e: firstname.lastname@example.org m: +91 9773923312
- Anant Joshi e: email@example.com m: +91 9870171599